Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My Summer Reading List

Today was my last working day before the summer holiday. I cannot wait to spend the next 7 weeks writing, but more importantly, reading! I have so many great books in my TBR pile, some new, some old. Here's what I'll be reading this summer:

 My current read. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend. It reminds me a little of Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. It's moving a little slowly at the moment but I have been super distracted with work stuff so I'm hoping now that it'll get my full attention, I'll lose myself in the story more.


Kuehn is without a doubt my favourite YA contemporary writer. This book was a pre-order buy and it's been on my Kindle since June 9th! I am absolutely dying to read this story! It will undoubtedly be shocking, dark, deviant, and magnificent as all Kuehn's works are.


This is a book by a fellow Month9Books author. I've been wanting to read this book since I first read the blurb several months ago and now's my chance! Fantasy. Feminism. A strong character of colour - what more could I want?


I am so behind with this series! I bought this when it was on special months ago and never got around to reading it - but I will this summer! I've been looking forward to a good YA sci-fi story and I hope this is it.


Another Month9Books title I've been desperate to read but never got around to. Crown of Ice will be the retelling of the summer for me.


I hope to read a lot more books than just these, but since I will be away at the Archipelacon science fiction and fantasy convention and want to get a lot of writing done this holiday as well, I'm going to keep summer simple by starting with these 5 titles.

What are you reading this summer? Have you read any of my summer TBRs?

1 comment: